To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The aim of this teaching is to understand the organization and the physiology of plants. The course analyse the biochemical basis of the major physiological processes in higher plants with possible biotechnological applications.
1. Water, osmosis, bulk flow. Water potential. Water movement: roots, xilem, cohesion-tension theory, cavitation, stomatal and evaporation.
2. Cell wall: extension, polarity,role of expansins, pH and Ca2+
3. Cold strss and freezing.
4. Phloem structure and function: pressure flow hypothesis, loading and unloading. Sink and Source.
5. Phytochrome: the light as information. Growth and development, red light responses, VLFR, LFR, HIR. Structure and molecular action of Phytochromes.
6. Cryptochrome: blue light and UVA. Phototropism, Stomatal opening, Cry and Hy4 mutants. Phot and Cry proteins, structure and function.
7. Auxins: structure and biosynthesis, Auxin movement, polar transport.
8. Abscisic acid (ABA): structure and function. Stomatal closure. Other important plant hormones
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits