|Tuesday||8:30 AM - 10:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall F|
|Thursday||8:30 AM - 10:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall F|
The aim of the course is to provide the knowledge to understand : a) the mechanisms underlying the genesis of electrical signals; b) the properties of the main electrophysiology and imaging techniques used in physiology; and c) the activity of central nervous system aimed at elaboration of sensorial information and for motor control.
• Electrical signals and electrophysiological techniques: ion channels, membrane potential at rest, equilibrium potentials, the action potential and its modality of propagation, chemical synapses, intracellular recordings, extracellular and patch clamp.
• Anatomical and functional organization of the nervous system and functions of the cerebral cortex.
• Structural and synaptic plasticity of the nervous system: short-term plasticity and long-term, memory and learning, changes induced by experience.
• Sensitivity and processing of sensory information: visual and auditory system.
• Central motor control.
• Techniques of the brain imaging, evoked potentials and electroencephalogram.
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits