Evaluation and minimisation of the role of biocides in the development of antibiotic resistance in pathogens using a total chain approach
- Evaluation and minimisation of the role of biocides in the development of antibiotic resistance in pathogens using a total chain approach
- Data inizio
- 18 febbraio 2008
- Durata (mesi)
- Responsabili (o referenti locali)
The following key objectives will be addressed:
- Establish the extent to which cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics is occurring in a range of pertinent bacterial species in relation to different classes to biocides and antibiotics.
- Investigate the impact of exposure to sub-lethal levels of biocides on the potential development of cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics
- Determine the fundamental genetic factors that contribute to identified cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics.
- The design and the development of an embedded prototype for the information tracing based on open-source
- Establish the impact of biofilm formation on development of cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics.
- Develop a risk management protocol for the use of biocides which minimises both development of biocide resistance and cross-resistance to antibiotics
The above objectives will be addressed in the proposed project by a geographically diverse, multidisciplinary team comprising of veterinary, food, clinical and industrial experts who will bring together their complimentary expertise to address the scientific, technical and risk management issues outlined above.
CSS e script comuni siti DOL - frase 9957