Evaluation and minimisation of the role of biocides in the development of antibiotic resistance in pathogens using a total chain approach
- Evaluation and minimisation of the role of biocides in the development of antibiotic resistance in pathogens using a total chain approach
- Starting date
- February 18, 2008
- Duration (months)
- Managers or local contacts
The following key objectives will be addressed:
The above objectives will be addressed in the proposed project by a geographically diverse, multidisciplinary team comprising of veterinary, food, clinical and industrial experts who will bring together their complimentary expertise to address the scientific, technical and risk management issues outlined above.
- Establish the extent to which cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics is occurring in a range of pertinent bacterial species in relation to different classes to biocides and antibiotics.
- Investigate the impact of exposure to sub-lethal levels of biocides on the potential development of cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics
- Determine the fundamental genetic factors that contribute to identified cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics.
- The design and the development of an embedded prototype for the information tracing based on open-source
- Establish the impact of biofilm formation on development of cross-resistance to biocides and antibiotics.
- Develop a risk management protocol for the use of biocides which minimises both development of biocide resistance and cross-resistance to antibiotics
CSS e script comuni siti DOL - frase 9957