The aim of the course is to provide the knowledge to understand : a) the mechanisms underlying the genesis of electrical signals; b) the properties of the main electrophysiology and imaging techniques used in physiology; and c) the activity of central nervous system aimed at elaboration of sensorial information and for motor control.
• Electrical signals and electrophysiological techniques: ion channels, membrane potential at rest, equilibrium potentials, the action potential and its modality of propagation, chemical synapses, intracellular recordings, extracellular and patch clamp.
• Anatomical and functional organization of the nervous system and functions of the cerebral cortex.
• Structural and synaptic plasticity of the nervous system: short-term plasticity and long-term, memory and learning, changes induced by experience.
• Sensitivity and processing of sensory information: visual and auditory system.
• Central motor control.
• Techniques of the brain imaging, evoked potentials and electroencephalogram.
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits