|Teoria||3||I semestre||Martina Montagnana|
|Esercitazioni||3||I semestre||Martina Montagnana|
|Teoria||Wednesday||1:30 PM - 3:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall M||from Oct 3, 2012 to Jan 31, 2013|
The course aims to make students understand the role of genetic testing in the clinical course of the patient. The course also aims to provide students who have no medical training the basic knowledge on the clinical aspects concerning the genetic basis of diseases.
The course aims to provide an updated view of molecular biology techniques that are used in a clinical setting.
- Introduction and organization of the molecular biology laboratory
- The coagulation cascade; thrombophilia and deep vein thrombosis
- Mendelian inheritance (1): Hemocromatosis
- Mendelian inheritance (2): Cystic fibrosis
- Mendelian inheritance (3): Genetics of hemoglobinopathies
- Male infertility and Y microdeletions
- Prenatal diagnosis of genetic disease
- Genetic diseases and mental retardation
- Molecular biology in oncohematological diseases
- Genetics of complex diseases