With the course of Phytopathological Biotechnologies, the student will acquire the following competences:
1. Describe the main phytopathogenic microorganisms
2. Define the concepts of infection, disease, resistance, pathogenicity, virulence and related arguments
3. Deep knowledge regarding the plant-pathogen interaction:
3a. Molecular mechanisms of pathogenicity and virulence
3b. Physiopathological alterations associated with the infectious process, focusing on signals and mechanisms of plant resistance against phytopathogens.
4. Define the concept of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) with the description of the main methods employed in plant protection.
5. Recognize the main symptoms of some plant diseases presented during the course and their associated microorganisms.
6. Define and apply biotechnological approaches for the improvement of plant resistance against phytopathogens.
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits