The course aims at providing students an overview about different disciplines that regulate the intellectual property field (such as the regulation of the rights of authorship, of the distinctive characteristics, of the industrial secret, of the industrial inventions), as well as the instruments for the comprehension of the role that intellectual property assumes in the field of modern ideas of economy and trade. The course covers the main aspects of the intellectual property regulation: the nature and extension of concerning rights, the procedure designed to the registration and obtainment of the intellectual property rights, as well as the methods for their protection and enforcement. The course will examine the international agreements and regulations, and the EU measures of intellectual property concern.
The course will be focused on patent law, with particular reference to the rules concerning biotechnological inventions.
- fundamental principles of intellectual property
- national, european and international sources of law
- patent as an intellectual property right
- patent protection and trade secret
- patent object and non-patentable inventions
- novelty, non-obviousness, utility and public order
- patent rights and right to patent
- description, claims and patent application procedure
- transfer of patent rights
- biotecnological inventions
- plant variety
Lectures aim to analyze main basics of intellectual property law, links between rules and protected interests. In order to make it easier for students to understand applicative effect of rules, case-law will be used.
Musso, Brevetti per invenzioni industriali e modelli di utilità, Zanichelli, 2013, p. 1-420 (only text, footnotes not compulsory)
For the exam it is necessary to study the relevant norms of Italian Code of Industrial Property.
|Musso||Brevetti per invenzioni industriali e modelli di utilità||Zanichelli||2013|
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits