|Friday||8:30 AM - 10:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall B||from Oct 7, 2016 to Jan 31, 2017|
The course aims to make students understand the role of genetic testing in the clinical course of the patient.
The course also aims to provide students who have no medical training the basic knowledge on the clinical aspects concerning the genetic basis of diseases.
The course aims to provide an updated view of molecular biology techniques that are used in a clinical setting.
Classroom lessons with some methodological insights done at the Molecular Biology Laboratory.
• Introduction and organization of the molecular biology laboratory
• The coagulation cascade; thrombophilia and deep vein thrombosis
• Mendelian inheritance: Hemocromatosis
• Mendelian inheritance: Cystic fibrosis
• Male infertility and Y microdeletions
• Prenatal diagnosis of genetic disease
• Genetic diseases and mental retardation
• Molecular biology in oncohematological diseases
• Genetics of hemoglobinopathies
|Neri G e Genuardi M||Genetica Umana e Medica (Edizione 3)||EDRA LSWR - Masson||2014||978-88-217-3743-4|
Written test, with open questions and multi choice questions.
The aim of the test is to verify the understanding of the arguments inserted in the program of the course.
The contents of the written test will be represented by topics contained in the teaching program.
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits