To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
Aim of this course is to present, both from a theoretical and an empirical point of view, the main methods of univariate and bivariate descriptive statistics for the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data in the context of viticulture and oenology.
1) Introduction to statistical data analysis: approaches and main topics
2) Univariate descriptive statistics:
- Dynamic analysis by means of ratios
- Frequency distributions
- Location indices: Mode, median, percentiles, algebraic means
- Heterogeneity and variability and indices: Gini Index, Shannon entropy, range, absolute deviations, standard deviation, variance.
3) Bivariate descriptive statistics:
- Joint frequency distributions
- Analysis of association
- Analysis of mean dependence
- Analysis of linear correlation
- Simple linear regression
Each topic is discussed both from a theoretical and an empirical point of view, with special focus on case studies dealing with problems arising in the context of viticulture and oenology.
Students are evaluated by means of a written comprehensive examination, composed of exercises and questions.
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits