To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
|Wednesday||2:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall Ferrarini (Lebrecht)||from May 27, 2015 to Jun 12, 2015|
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall Ferrarini (Lebrecht)||from May 27, 2015 to Jun 12, 2015|
The course provides the basic concepts of the discipline of sensory analysis, comparing the quantitative characterization of the wine sensory properties with the sequence of the operating steps of the production process, from the raw material up to aging.
The exercises are the complement to deepen the topics covered in theoretical form, to perform the method with an experimental design subjected to international standards and a sensory awareness path of the student.
- Introduction to sensory analysis, human senses, factors influencing the assessment: the psychological and physiological errors, the laboratory, the panel, the panel leader, international standards.
- The methods to select a panel.
- Overall Difference tests: triangle, paired comparison, duo-trio, two out of five, sorting test.
- Experimental design and analysis of results.
- Descriptive tests: sensory profile, qualitative and quantitative steps, experimental design, data analysis (univariate and multivariate approach).
- The affective tests: panel required, preference and acceptance methods, preference maps.
- Introduction to off flavor of wine.
- Exercise for sensory training.
- Tutorial on discriminating and descriptive methods. evaluation designs, sample preparation
- Sensory evaluation of the varietal aromas, prefermentation, fermentation, aging; off flavors.
- The threshold of perception.
- Sensory characterization of wines according to sensory descriptors
The exam consists of written test, with solving sensory problems and general question about the current program.
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits