|teoria||3||II semestre||Daniela Cecconi|
|laboratorio||1||II semestre||Daniela Cecconi|
|teoria||Tuesday||8:30 AM - 10:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
|teoria||Thursday||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
Proteomics is the large-scale study of proteins. It is an emerging scientific research which can be applied to food (to find allergen for example) and plants research (for example to study plant pathogen response).
Analytical proteomics (LM9+LM7):
2. Sample preparation.
3. Gel-based separation.
4. 2D gel Image analysis.
5. Gel-free separation.
6. Pre-fractionation of low abundance proteins.
7. Analysis of proteins/peptides by Mass Spectrometry.
8. Analysis of proteins/peptides by Tandem Mass Spectrometry.
9. Analysis of mass spectra and database search for protein identification.
10. Differential and Quantitative proteomics.
11. Characterization of post-translational modifications.
12. Proteomics in agro-food and biomedical areas.
Laboratory (1 CFU)
Rehydration of 7 cm IPG with protein extract
Preparation of buffers and solutions for 2-DE analysis
Polymerization of 12% T gel
Isoelectrofocusing by using PROTEAN® IEF Cell (Bio-Rad)
IPG strip equilibration
Interfacing with the second dimension
Second dimension by Mini-PROTEAN® 3 Dodeca™ Cell (Bio-Rad)
Staining of 2-DE maps with Coomassie and/or SyproRuby
Destaining and acquisition of images by VersaDoc™ MP 1000 system (Bio-Rad)
Image analysis by PDQuest software (Bio-Rad) (classroom gamma)
Analysis of mass spectra and database searching with Mascot
Mandatory attendance to laboratory.