The research activities of the Lab of Soil and biomass chemistry (Cà Vignal 2, room 2.31) are mainly focused on native and exogeneous organic matter in soils.
Main research topics:
- characterization of organic matter in soils, sediments and biomass;
- evolution of organic matter in soils and sediments in relation to climate changes (sinks or sources of C?);
- biogeochemistry of major and trace elements;
- sustainable and safe biomass utilization in agriculture.
- elementar analyser: CHNS vario MACRO cube (Elementar);
- spectrophotometer: fluorescence spectrophotometer FL 6500, able to work in em, ex, syn, and 3D scan mode, with holder for liquid, solid and dust samples (PerkinElmer);
- thermal analysis system: termogravimetric analyser coupled with simultaneous differential scanning calorimetry TGA-DSC 3+ (Mettler Toledo);
- vibratory sieve shaker: AS 200 (Retsch);
- balance: WXTE analytical balance, 6 decimal places (Mettler Toledo);
- mill: ball mill MM 400 (Retsch);
- lab oven: universal oven UF75 (Memmert).
- Contact people