The aim of this course is to give the students the basic knowledge on most used nanocompounds and on molecular, cellular and systemic mechanisms concerning their interaction with the living organisms.
The student must learn the key concepts that regulate the interaction between nanocompounds and living cells.
At the end of the course the students will have acquired the basics to understand the biologic mechanisms of interaction between nanomaterials and the environment in terms of interaction and accumulation.
- Nanocompounds classification (Natural Nanoparticles and Engineered Nanoparticles)
- General properties of Nanocompounds
- Potential Environmental Effects (Positive and negative effects)
- Nanocompounds-Living organisms interaction
- Environmental Influence of Toxicology of Nanomaterials
- Nanotoxicology - toxicology of nanoparticles
- Physico-chemical characteristics dependent toxicity
- Human Health Effect of Nanomaterials and Environment Risk Assessment
- Detection and Characterization of Nanomaterials in Complex Biologic and Environmental Samples
|Francesco Clementi, Guido Fumagalli||Farmacologia generale e molecolare (Edizione 5)||Edra||2018||8821444368|
|di Eliana Maria Barbosa Souto, Maria C. Teixeira||Nanotoxicology and Nanosafety: Fundamentals on Nanomaterials Toxicological Assessment (Edizione 1)||De Gruyter||2020||3110616424|
|Yuliang Zhao, Zhiyong Zhang, Weiyue Feng||Toxicology of Nanomaterials (Edizione 1)||Imprint unknown||2016||352768915X|
The final exam will focus on the discussion with the teacher and the aid of a Powerpoint presentation of a scientific article of the most recent literature, concerning the topics covered during class hours, chosen by the student.