|Wednesday||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall B (Lebrecht)|
|Thursday||2:30 PM - 4:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall B (Lebrecht)|
Development of Common agriculture and wine policies from their inception right through to the final reform in 2013 (Reg. 130/2013) thought the following main topics:
1) the decision-making mechanisms which regulate European legislative action in the light of the new aspects introduced by the Lisbon Treaty
2) reconstruction of the wine sector legislative system (historical background) with market analyses looking at the evolution of both supply and demand and particular attention is paid to the barriers to and restrictions on international trade
3) Market management, production rules, trade and international agreements
4) Budgets among EU Member States
5) Italian wine system: national program support, measures and dispositions
The political scenarios and the choices system
The decision-making process: an analysis of EU agriculture bodies
Wine pressure groups and their intervention areas: analysis of the European scenario
From the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) to the Single Common Market Organization (CMO): historical overview
The developments of European wine policies: Market management - Production Rules(Production, prices and supply management) - Quality system (European and Italian Appellations; traditional terms, names) - Consumers, trade and simplification (International Agreements)
Wine budget resources in the European Member States - Distributions among member States, Analysis of Italian choices: national program support, measures and dispositions
Written Examination. The exam will be based on open questions focusing on the topics treated in the course. Textbooks, used during the lessons, are recommended by the professor for exam preparation.
- Davide Gaeta, Paola Corsinovi (2014), Economics, Governance, and Politics in the Wine Market: European Union Developments.
Palgrave Macmillan, USA. http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?is=9781137398499
- European Regulations - Italian laws, ...