|Tuesday||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 11:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
|Friday||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
The course will give the students the fundamentals of microbial biotechnology analysing some of the most important issues with regard to the use of microrganisms to produce chemically defined molecules. Moreover, it will expose the fundamental and applicative issues regarding the development, manipulation and management of industrial microrganisms.
1) Mentions on the history of industrial microrganisms.
2) Microrganisms of biotechnological interest: Escherichia coli, Streptomyces spp., Bacillus spp. and fungi.
3) Molecular fundamentals of productive processes: secondary metabolites, antibiotics, recombinant proteins and vaccines.
4) The microrganisms on the industrial processes: screening of strains and molecules, cultivation methods.
5) Improvement of the production processes: improvement of strains and cultivation media.
6) The industrial fermentation processes.
Cà Vignal 1, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits